[WikiEN-l] Re: DW continues to win friends

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 26 07:49:03 UTC 2003

On Saturday 25 January 2003 07:39 pm, wikien-l-request at wikipedia.org wrote:
> DW wrote this on Jtdirl's talk page:
> Big, big mistake taking me on... Phonies like you who hide behind a
> computer can pretend to be anything and there are always enough dummies
> around to buy your load of crap. Your supposed resumé isn't worth zip. I
> understand why people like you find Wkipedia perfect for
> self-glorification. Exactly what has been your REAL contribution to
> Wikipedia? I don't need pats on the back so I don't run around like a child
> signing my logo on as many articles as possible. I do QUALITY work without
> fanfare until retards like you show up. Hey Superstar? Why not have them
> vote to get rid of me?....DW Methinks he's oulived his usefulness.  He does
> write good articles, but now he's come undone. Zoe

Yikes! I too have had to deal with DW's dictatorial attitude on several
occasions. He has a tendency to DEMAND that people do things and if they
don't then he states, as fact, that they are MORONS and IDIOTS who have no
BUSINESS SENSE. I for one am /completely/ sick of it.

Bad manors like this should not at all be encouraged. One way or another DW
needs to stop being so confrontational and play nice or he needs to leave (my
preference at the moment). He also needs to realize that he doesn't own the
articles he works on and that his contributions really aren't as great as he
thinks they are (and even if they were that that doesn't excuse such bad
behavior).

BTW, wasn't it the general bad behavior and poor work by especially DW along
with a demand by him for JHK's credentials that precipitated her leaving the
project? I can't speak of JHK but I'm pretty sure that was the case.

--mav

WikiKarma:
I expanded [[California gold rush]] from ultra pitiful and nearly useless, to
a decent greater than 1,000 byte stub. I also updated all the year pages and
many of the other articles linked from [[January 24]].