[WikiEN-l] Re: "Best of" lists

Tucci tucci528 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 25 17:55:58 UTC 2003

> > Do we have a policy on "best of" lists?

I don't think we have an explicit policy, but I
recommend using other, noted sources for such things.
For example, if we want a list of the most influential
rock and roll performers, the [[List of inductees of
the rock and roll hall of fame]] is useful -- of
course, some may disagree with the hall of fame's
choices, but at least the list will not become too
complete to be of any use.  I've also used the rnr
hall of fame's "500 songs that shaped rock and roll",
which are listed in an article -- I wanted a list of
songs, but my own knowledge is incomplete and biased
anyway, so I used theirs.  I think this is far better
than trying (and probably failing) at coming up with
any "best of" list through wikiconsensus.

On a sidenote, would something like VH1's 100 most
influential albums list be copyrighted?