[WikiEN-l] we're slashdotted

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Fri Jan 24 06:06:09 UTC 2003

>We're still afloat so far. :)

It performed admirably; I was amazed the server stayed up at all.
Most can't handle a slashdotting; I'm sure this is testament to LDC's
coding skill and your foresight in turning off some of the more
demanding processes.

I wonder about the server now, though: wikipedia seems to be down; it
won't bring up Recent Changes in a new window and the edit window I
have open is hung on perpetually "loading."  Are we being slashdotted
again (more heavily!) or is there some other cause?

cheers,

kq (circa 6:00 UTC)