[WikiEN-l] Re: we're slashdotted

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Jan 23 00:21:23 UTC 2003

I noticed the following comment on /., & I think it's fair to say
all of us can guess who the poster & the Wikipedian in this piece
are.

(I'm not that surprised: there are an awful lot of kooks on /.
as it is.)

Geoff

Accurate meaning...? (Score:0)
by Anonymous Coward on Wed 22 Jan 11:51AM (#5135984)
How do you decide what accurate is?

There was a subject I wrote about in a number of articles, which some
arrogant American woman who had no idea what she was talking about thought
was incorrect, and altered all of what I wrote. All others agreed with her,
although I know she is wrong.

I eventually rewrote the said area in a very indirect and obtuse way which
they seemed to not take issue with in their ignorance of the subject.

How do you decide what is fact? With sheer force of editing numbers? This
ends up with a bias.