[WikiEN-l] Offensive usernames...

elian elian at gmx.li
Fri Jan 17 16:33:19 UTC 2003

Hello,

Just a little add-on to the debate: some members of the mailing-list are
not even able to follow your discussion. As admin of Wikien-l I received the
following mail (mail adresses anonymized).

Maybe we can use this scanner as testing tool in the question if a certain
username is offensive or not ;-)

ROFL,
elian

****

["Worcestershire County Council Email Virus Scanner" <xxx at xxx.net>]
You sent an email that contained possible profanity

To: <wikien-l-admin at wikipedia.org>
Subject: You sent an email that contained possible profanity

This email was generated automatically by the email system.
For the attention of wikien-l-admin at wikipedia.org (wikien-l-request at wikipedia.org):

An automatic scan of the attached email, which you appear to have tried to
send to <xxx>, , indicated possible
objectionable content.

The Worcestershire County Council email system scans all messages and attachments before delivering them.
The scanner reports:
______________________________________
While scanning the whole email message:
Matched 'cock' in line 567
The content of this line is 'recall the earlier case of Throbbing Monster Cock correctly, a developer'

Matched 'cock' in line 592
The content of this line is '> recall the earlier case of Throbbing Monster Cock correctly, a develope='

Total found: 2

This message not was delivered to <xxx>, ,
but instead was diverted for moderation by the administrator.
Please contact admin at networcs.net if you feel that this email was incorrectly blocked.

Regards
Postmaster,
Worcestershire County Council