[WikiEN-l] Mostly in defence of 172

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Thu Jan 16 12:22:02 UTC 2003

If you have problems with Vera Cruz, just remind her[1] that she is on
borrowed time. Vera Cruz is also known as Lir. Lir was banned in November and
immediately signed up under the new handle. By doing so, Lir subverted the ban
and thereby Wikipedia policy -- instead of talking to Jimbo about lifting the
ban, she pretended to be someone else. This alone would be reason enough to
re-establish the ban.

That being said, Vera Cruz / Lir is one of the more active Wikipedia
contributors and has done lots of copyediting (sometimes harmful, but usually OK).
Given that she is clearly a Wikipediholic it could be argued that we are
violating her rights by depriving her of the drug ;->. Under the new nick she has
behaved somewhat more appropriate. She knows that she can be banned
immediately if she breaks the rules again. Give her a gentle warning and she'll
probably stop dicking around.

Regards,
Erik

[1] Lir is apparently one Adam [name omitted for privacy reasons], but she has put herself on the list
of "queer, ... and transgendered Wikipedians", so I'll respect her own
designation of her gender.