[WikiEN-l] Vandalism Watch

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Jan 16 05:46:08 UTC 2003

For some reason, the topic ``Samnite wars 327 - 290 BC" is attracting a
number of vandals. Well, so far two.

Following various links related to Roman History, I took a look at this
article last night & found it was nothing more than several lines of
gibberish. Instead of blanking this out, I overwrote it with a stub
entry based on 10 minutes of research.

As part of my daily habit, I took a look at all of the articles I had editted,
to see if anyone had changed them & saw this one had been altered. Looking
at the article tonight, I saw some more gibberish added to the end from
different IP address than the first edits.

If a bunch of vandals can't help but turn this article into gibberish,
maybe it should just be deleted.

Geoff