[WikiEN-l] 172

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 16 00:44:45 UTC 2003

After leaving a message on 172's user talk page about Jimbo wanting him to
join the mailing list, he and I had a conversation (argument really) about
his contributions and disruptiveness.

During the early part of the discussion he re-inserted  'virulent and deviant"
back in the Pol Pot article in the section that talks about his political
views (an edit war was started over this before). I then stated on talk:Pol
Pot:

  Either choose more neutral sounding
  adjectives or use as few adjectives as
  possible. Words like "virulent" and "deviant",
  while possibly true in an objective sense, still
  do evoke an emotional response in the reader
  which is far from NPOV. --mav

He responded by changing the text to read: "radically revised"

In addition, he surprised me by actually apologizing for adding the suggestive
words and in other places he promised he would try to be less disruptive in
the future (not his exact words, but that was my impression).

See my talk page:
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Maveric149

172's talk page:
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:172

And the talk page for Pol Pot:
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Pol_Pot

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)

WikiKarma Payment. Have you had your Wiki today?
I helped with the creation of a new Main Page
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page