[WikiEN-l] Micronations

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Mon Jan 13 17:31:32 UTC 2003

daniwo59 at aol.com wrote:
> I would like to think that we are trying to put together a serious
> encyclopedia. It has nothing to do with whether we are paper or not.

I agree.  Not having reviewed the articles in question, I would say
that if they are nonserious or frivolous, they should go, and not
because of any concern for *space constraints* (i.e. wiki is not
paper) but because of concern for our mission (i.e. wikipedia is an
encyclopedia).

If there are "micronations" that have some kind of real importance, we
should report on them.  But if they are just an in-joke among several
otherwise unimportant friends, then no.

--Jimbo