[WikiEN-l] Micronations

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Jan 8 08:50:25 UTC 2003

> We now have an extensive and linked list of imaginary countries, including
> my
> personal favorite, "Purple Bunny" (I kid you not). Another link is to the
> Confederate Online States. Will we have an article for each state in the
> "confederacy" too? I think this is getting a tad excessive. Anyone else
> think
> so too?

The [[Micronation]] page is OK. The [[List of micronations]] page is a bad
idea, because it suggests that we want separate articles for every single
fantasy project out there, which is not the case. It should be incorporated into
the [[Micronation]] article, with links only to those micronations with some
actual history and participation and the others listed, without links, in the
"creative fiction" department.

I again submit my key criterion for inclusion of information in Wikipedia:
The information needs to be *factually verifiable*. If someone adds
information about their fictional micronation project to Wikipedia, our main problem is
this: If this is not written down anywhere except by that person, it is not
sufficiently verifiable. Nobody else can update the article because nobody
else can, with reasonable effort, attain the degree of factual familiarity
necessary.

Furthermore, we do not like articles that are destined to remain stubs
forever - these should better be incorporated into other articles.

Compare [[K. Kay Sheain]]. Kay is a Wikipedia contributor (Isis) and has
created an article about herself. To make the information factually verifiable,
she has uploaded scanned newspaper articles (further information can be found
on the web as well).

Regards,

Erik