[WikiEN-l] Walt Disney's genealogy

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sat Jan 4 22:39:00 UTC 2003

> Someone has created articles for Walt Disney's ancestors:  [[Elias Disney]],
> [[Kepple Disney II]], [[Flora Call]], [[Herbert Arthur Disney]].  It is my
> contention that these articles are not of importance to an encyclopedia.
> Eloquence seems to think that they're useful (see the Talk for Elias
> Disney).  What is the opinion of the community?

My position is that, where we have sufficiently detailed information (i.e.
more than just the name and dates), and where this information is
factually verifiable, it is OK to have it in a separate article. This is
true for the Elias Disney article (Walt's father), but not for the Kepple
Disney II article, which just reads:

"Kepple Disney II(November 2 , 1832 - May, 1891. American farmer born in
Kellis, Kansas to Arundel Elias Disney and Maria Swan. He is mostly known
as Walt Disney's grandfather."

That article should be deleted and the information moved to the Walt
article.  In general, I think the family tree should be part of the main
[[Walt Disney]] article, but having redirects from the individual name
pages to there would be OK.

Regards,

Erik