[WikiEN-l] Little budda is a vandal

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sat Apr 26 23:19:00 UTC 2003

> What if he's not logged in? And what is your opinion
> about banning him? Should Jimbo ban him?

If he's not logged in, a sysop can ban his IP for vandalism or other
egregious Wikipedia rule violations (Wikiquette, NPOV).

I don't really see his contributions in those categories. If I'm
skeptical, Jimbo will be doubly so -- in 2 years of Wikipedia, we have
only really banned a handful of logged in contributors. Lir, Clutch, 24,
Helga Jonat. With all the Lir pseudonyms it may look like more though :)

If you want to make a case for banning the buddha, better start collecting
evidence of
- violations of NPOV -- "the French stink"
- violations of Wikiquette -- "you stink"

Collect these in a file, preferably with the URLs to the specific diffs,
and send that to Jimbo. He'll probably get back to you a couple of months
later and ask for more data ;-)

Regards,

Erik