[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l digest, Vol 1 #291 - 7 msgs

Tucci tucci528 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 18:59:48 UTC 2003

Oh, I agree, don't misinterpet me.  I'm not
capable/don't have the time to write an article that
fully explores the social and musical context and
effects of every album worthy of it.  The point is
simply to turn something available on about a million
websites into something a little more useful and, most
importantly, more inviting for other users to add more
info to.

<Vicki wrote>

While I agree that track listings aren't enough, I can
easily imagine a
useful article about, say, _Sgt. Pepper's Lonely
Hearts Club Band_ that
doesn't have the Billboard chart positions. Similarly,
a complete list
of personnel isn't the most important information
about a Jethro Tull
or Frank Zappa album (though it would be worth
adding).