[WikiEN-l] Larry's text on the "Knowledge" article

Brion Vibber vibber at aludra.usc.edu
Thu Apr 17 20:42:10 UTC 2003

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Rotem Dan wrote:
> With all the respect for wikipedia's founders, please
> do not allow these tribute pages on wikipedia.

*ahem*

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Larry_Sanger/Larry's_Text

"... This material will require radical reworking and general wikification
to become appropriate for Wikipedia.  I'm now in the process of wikifying
this myself, but I certainly invite help with this. --Larry Sanger"

"I know a lot of this sucks.  It is written to get the general concepts
across to Ohio State undergrads.  Yes, some of what I've written might be
outright wrong, and most of it can be tightened up considerably.  If you
want to help me do that, don't bother replying to something I've written
here.  Just make the change you think is necessary, please."

"Finally, you might not like my style, and you might think that I don't
present the issues reliably enough, and otherwise feel that this
contribution is not exactly a boon to Wikipedia.  If that's the case, you
can feel free to replace what I've written with your own golden prose; I'd
just appreciate that you convey roughly the same information that I do
(i.e., you cover the same topics and say the same (true) things I have to
say about them).  If these textbook entries are placeholders before better
stuff comes along, that's perfectly fine by me."

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)