[WikiEN-l] James I of England PROTECTED

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Sat Apr 12 19:38:35 UTC 2003

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, tarquin wrote:

> Jens Frank wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >due to an edit war of Susan Mason,
> >
> Susan Mason is banned, no?

I made a post to [[Wikipedia:Annoying Users]] a couple of weeks
ago that someone under the name of Susan Mason was posting on
Wikipedia again. Should I have also sent an email to this list?

> >Jtdirl and 172 I
> >protected the James I of England article.
> >
> How did they managed to create controversy there?

Lir/Vera Cruz/Susan Mason seems capable of causing
controversy anywhere she/he posts.

I can't recall James I being associated with anything that would
push 172's buttons (off the top of my head, James I is known
for being the Scottish king who inherited the English throne,
sponsored a well-known translation of the Bible into English,
& was considered a leader by the Protestants on the Continent
during his reign), so I'm tempted to suspect -- until I see
what's happening -- that perhaps it's an editwar between
Susan Mason on one side, & Jtdirl & 172 on the other.

> >I reverted
> >the content to pre-edit-war state.
> >
> >Matters should be sorted out before unprotecting.

Geoff