[WikiEN-l] Re: Make summaries mandatory

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Mon Dec 30 12:40:23 UTC 2002

Brion Vibber wrote:

>(On the other hand, it's not hard to train oneself to hit tab-space
>after the summary.)

I've started doing this. Having to reach for the mouse to check the box
was a pain.
(yes, I know Orto will say "it's only 2 seconds". But I think we're
seeing evidence of differences in personality type. I'm very much a "do
six things at once, arg, why can't things go faster" sort of person. An
extra action bugs me, it might not bug Orto)

I still think that for registered users, comment boxes should be
recommended -- not compulsory.

(though if a dialog box popped up on submitting the form, it would save
me a press of the TAB key. I'd gain a whole 1.5 seconds of life over the
course of a week!!!! no, don't do that. I'm kidding :-)