[WikiEN-l] Re: Proposal: make summary mandatory

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Sat Dec 28 13:22:30 UTC 2002

  Daniel Mayer wrote:

>Not when fixing formatting. Having to fill-in an edit summary would
>significantly slow me down so I definitely would object to having to perform
>the needless keystrokes for these mundane changes. However, when I do make an
>edit worth documenting I do so nearly every time and if anything I over
>document. This should stay a 'rule to consider' for at least logged-in users.

I'm pretty much the same as Mav. I make a lot of minor edits.
It's not too hard to hit TAB, type "typo" and press RETURN, but makign
summaries mandatory would be a pain.

>It would be OK by me if this was a requirement for non-logged-in users (along
>with taking-away their ability to mark edits as minor).

Agreed.

>... give non-logged-in users another
>reason to log-in

It's nice when IPs become named users. But some irritating users are
wise to the fact that once they register we have a harder time banning
them for bad behavior (both technically and as a matter of principle...).