[WikiEN-l] Timeout!

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Thu Dec 19 23:43:55 UTC 2002

> Jimmy Wales wrote:
> >I seriously think we should start thinking about organizing some road
> >trips and get-togethers.  This could be done informally or formally.
> >
> >We could do a few of these -- one on the east coast, one on the west
> >coast, and one in a central location in Europe.  Or they could be
> >smaller, regional things with only a few people.

There will be at least three[1] Esperanto Wikipedians at the 'Esperanto
che Interreto'[2] conference in Boston this coming April. If any
east-coaster English Wikipedians are interested, we can probably have a
joint Wikipedia event and cultural exchange. ;)

Meanwhile, Wikipedia Day 2003 is less than a month away (and Magnus
Manske Day not long after!) -- a west coast get-together for the
occasion might be entertaining.

[1] Assuming this starving college student can scrape up airfare.
Donations welcome!
[2] An organization promoting the use of Esperanto on the Internet and
the Internet in Esperanto; http://www.ikso.net/echei/

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)