[WikiEN-l] Timeout!

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Dec 19 22:39:54 UTC 2002

Jimmy Wales wrote:

>I seriously think we should start thinking about organizing some road
>trips and get-togethers.  This could be done informally or formally.
>
>We could do a few of these -- one on the east coast, one on the west
>coast, and one in a central location in Europe.  Or they could be
>smaller, regional things with only a few people.

I hesitated to answer this because I didn't want to give the impression
of being the first one to the bar.  I guess it says something when
people are no longer enthused about getting together to settle the
world's problems over a beer.  So far it looks like Jimbo and I are
ready to have the east and west coast meetings as meetings of 1.  If we
each do this at our local pubs we'll save on travel expenses, and buying
a round for everybody that shows up won't be costly either. :-)

Eclecticology