[WikiEN-l] I am taking a break (contains flaming content)

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Mon Dec 16 20:41:38 UTC 2002

I don't frequently post on this list, but I do read it and have been following the discussions taking place here.

I am on the verge of getting into a major flame war with RK. Rather than do that, I have decided to follow Ed's example and leave Wikipedia for a while. I will be back if and when I hear that he has calmed down. Sorry, but I will not be told that my contributions will be looked at "charitably" by him or that I am buying into an anti-Semitic line. I will not watch as he suggests a new contributor is a "Muslim posing as a Jew." I will not cooperate with him if his idea of working together means that he sets the tone. For anyone who doesn't know what I mean, I suggest you look at the titles and explanations he has given to his changes (and not just to my work) over the past few days.

I may not be a very vocal contributor, but I think I've added something to Wikipedia in the almost-a-year that I've been here. Hopefully things will go back to the pleasant, slightly less chaotic way they once were.

Good luck

Danny