[WikiEN-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] Moderation

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Dec 11 20:08:56 UTC 2002

As one of the list administrators, I already have the *power* to ban posters or put them on the naughty list (i.e., the "I have to read it before deciding whether to pass it on" list).

I don't have the *authority* do to this, though. So I don't even consider doing so.

This is just like my status as a "developer", which gives me the *power* -- but not the *authority* -- to ban any user from Wikipedia or promote or demote sysops.

Ahh, the responsible exercise of power: how difficult it is! Yet, how essential!

Ed Poor
wikiEN-l administrator
& Wikipedia developer
& Wikipedia sysop