[WikiEN-l] Clutch is on a POV tirade

Tom Parmenter tompar at world.std.com
Mon Dec 9 17:22:46 UTC 2002

Ignorance is no defense of non-NPOV:

1 - social worker -- employee of government agency, working under a
budget and administering policies in the context of individuals having
some kind of problem (sometimes with the government)
2 - social worker -- employee of private social services agency
working with individuals having some kind of problem
3 - social worker -- employed by private agency providing
psychotherapeutic support, often with problem solving included
4 -- social worker -- self-employed, providing psychotherapeutic
support under health insurance, often with problem solving included.

All have weighty responsibilities, which means all have some
opportunity/danger of doing harm.

The amount of pen-pushing varies, but category 4, where my wife
performs much of her social work, requires as much as any to appease
the insurance companies.

Tom Parmenter
married to an L.I.C.S.W. (not an idiot, possibly more intelligent than
Tarquin), former food-stamp recipient, currently unemployed, and
Ortolan88