[WikiEN-l] Neutrality (was Re: Clutch is on a POV tirade)

Larry Sanger lsanger at nupedia.com
Mon Dec 9 16:50:40 UTC 2002

Jonathan Walther wrote:
> I think we could do with a good definition of what "neutral" means.
> If it means not supporting one view over the other, and giving all
> views equal time, that can be a can of worms.  If neutral means "not
> making moral judgements about things", thats something I think we can
> all agree on as being neutral.

The can has long since been opened, and the definition is posted and
begging to be read, at:

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutral_point_of_view

I would have thought you would have had the good sense to know this and to
have read it a few times before boldly engaging in this debate as you
have.  Before you go on more about this can of worms, I'd encourage you to
read it, as well as the copious discussion of it linked at the bottom of
the page.

Larry
--
"We have now sunk to a depth at which the re-statement of the obvious is
the first duty of intelligent men." --George Orwell