[WikiEN-l] Clutch is on a POV tirade

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Dec 9 14:56:19 UTC 2002

Jonathan,

1. Engaging in an edit war is beneath your dignity. I thought, based on
our private correspondence, that you were above such things.

2. *sigh* Must I remind you that two wrongs don't make a right? Warnings
will be directed at ALL parties who are in the wrong; not just the other
edit warriors.

Please try to understand the difference between objective fact and
neutrality. For example, that North Korea, Cuba, and the Soviet Union
were ruled by murderous tyrants is IMHO a "fact". Incredible as it may
seem, there are some contributors who dispute this fact. So, we are
forced by *our own policy* to step back from asserting "the truth" and
humbly stating that "According to sources X, Y and Z these lands were
ruled, etc."

Likewise, you may have some crucially important information about social
workers in your clutches ;-) but for the sake of our neutrality policy
WE MUST say, e.g., "Source X says that social workers are trained this
way, and Source Y says that social workers aid kidnappers, etc."

You've got these nasty SW fiends by the short hairs, Jonathan. If you
want to give them what Robert Heinlean calls the Kansas City clutch, all
you have to do, Jonathan, is attribute your sources.

What's so hard about that?

Ed Poor