[WikiEN-l] Administrative Request: (was: ????????8?????7.5?)

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Dec 5 13:55:39 UTC 2002

Did anybody else receive an HTML advertising page with lots of Chinese writing, images and a Macromedia Flash thing?

I don't think it came from a signed-up contributor -- or even an anonymous Wikipedian. Rather, it seems an abuse of the e-mail list.

My question is what you all would like me do about things like this. As your list administrator, I am happy to serve. But as AxelBoldt reminded me last month, I am not a "Moderator" and thus do not set policy.

Alternatives:
* Do nothing (it may have been a fluke)
* Ban myisking01 at sina.com (the address that sent the advertisement)
* Other (please specify)