[WikiEN-l] celebrating

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Thu Dec 5 11:01:28 UTC 2002

I think it's a great idea to ask around for this.  Of course we can't
assume that any particular photo is suitable without getting express
permission.  And notice that the permission can't be just to *use* the
photo, but to *redistributed it under the terms of the GNU FDL*.

I have a feeling that last caveat will frighten away many otherwise
cooperative people, who have never heard of such a crazy thing as free
software.