[Toolserver-l] S4-user Maintaince Tuesday

DaB. WP at daniel.baur4.info
Sun Sep 18 19:20:52 UTC 2011

Hello all,

on Tuesday 12 o'clock UTC I will move S4-user from its temporary host back to
the correct place. It will take a few hours to do that, but I can't say how
many exactly (it depends how much data is in the user-databases). During this
time the user-databases on s4 (commons) will be read-only. After the import is
done it will also need a config-change which will kill all database-connections
(on every host to every database).

Not affected will be s4-rr (beside the config-change-killing). So if you have a
tool which only reads in commons, but doesn't use a user-database, make sure
to use

commons-p.rrdb.toolserver.org instead of
commons-p.userdb.toolserver.org (see [1] for details) and you should not be
affected  (beside the config-change-killing).

I will send an eMail when the moving is done.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask on the mailinglist.

Sincerly,
DaB.

[1] https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Database_access#By_database_name

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 2B255885