[Toolserver-l] Study on bots in the (German) Wikipedia

Robin Fink robin.fink at cs.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Sep 1 09:37:50 UTC 2011

Dear all,

first of all thank you very much for providing us access to the
Wikimendia Toolserver for our research.

Our study was concerned with the phenomenon of bots in the Wikipedia. We
published a working paper on this in German but provide an English
one-page summary:

http://www.wiso.tu-dortmund.de/wiso/ts/Medienpool/ap-soz28-summary.pdf

A shorter and revised version of our paper will be published in:
Soeffner, Hans-Georg (Ed.) (2012): Transnationale Vergesellschaftungen.
Verhandlungen des 35. Kongresses der Deutschen Gesellschaft für
Soziologie in Frankfurt am Main 2010. Wiesbaden: VS Verlag.

We appreciate any questions and comments on our work.

Kind regards
Robin Fink and Tobias Liboschik
Technische Universität Dortmund, Germany