[Toolserver-l] Job scheduling and mail receiving

Dr. Trigon dr.trigon at surfeu.ch
Sat Feb 12 15:18:37 UTC 2011

First I have to thank you all very much for the numerous answers I got
to this question!! Some remarks from my side:

Am 09.02.2011 22:47, schrieb Platonides:
> Ilmari Karonen wrote:
>> I remember being disappointed by the lack of stderr output in the mail I
>> got after switching my Commons MIME type statistics script over to SGE,
>> but then I just thought "meh, I'm logging to a file anyway, I can always
>> just look there if something goes wrong."
>
> SGE has a parameter to send stdout and stderr merged.

@Ilmari Karonen:
This is more or less what I'm doing, in fact I use the wikimedia mailing
capabilities to send a mail to myself with any content (error messages,
tracebacks, ...) I want. But I was wondering how SGE can replace such a
common tool like CRON without havin same functionallity... :)

@Platonides:
What is this parameter then??

Thanks and greetings
DrTrigon