[Toolserver-l] Maintenance for schema changes, now

Tim Landscheidt tim at tim-landscheidt.de
Tue Feb 8 14:03:22 UTC 2011

River Tarnell <r.tarnell at IEEE.ORG> wrote:

>> Given WMDE's recent fundraising changes which now allow sup-
>> porting WMF directly, are there any plans to blur the clear
>> distinction between WMF's farm and the Toolserver database
>> servers with the accompanying headaches in the near future?

> Not that I know of.  What sort of changes were you expecting?

I was expecting nothing :-). But as the Toolserver was miss-
ing on WMF's radar in the past several times, one obvious
solution would be to treat the Toolserver database servers
as part of WMF's domain so they can use their SOPs (*1) to
maintain them instead of manually coordinating with the
Toolserver admins (or not).

Tim

(*1)   With a twist for the user databases/access restric-
       tions, of course.