[Toolserver-l] Maintenance for schema changes, now

River Tarnell river at yvaine.tcx.org.uk
Mon Feb 7 06:43:31 UTC 2011

Hi,

We're about to apply necessary schema changes for Wikimedia's MediaWiki
1.17 upgrade to the Toolserver databases.  We will apply the changes to
one server for each cluster at once; while the primary server is being
updated, user databases will be unavailable, but replication won't be
interrupted.

The exception is s2/s5, which currently only has one server.  Databases
on these clusters will not be replicated and might be partially
unavailable during the maintenance.

This was not announced in advance since we only learnt about the changes
about 10 minutes ago.  Sorry.

	- river.