[Toolserver-l] Query-Killer is back in action

K. Peachey p858snake at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 22:39:49 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 7:03 AM, Maarten Dammers <maarten at mdammers.nl> wrote:
> Ah, you are the one who killed the categorization bot. Thanks for
> announcing that beforehand (not!). It's very annoying that you suddenly
> just decide to deploy a new toy the screws up our tools.
>
> Maarten
It was re-enabling a service that has been around for a long time that
[accidently] broke at one stage and because of the TS performance not
being degraded was never really noticed or cared about.

Recently a TS box went down and caused major issues (Replag was easily
over 2 days at one stage for those databases) for the backup box
handling the effected databases, DaB was monitoring this by hand and
manually killing the processes to keep this somewhat saner then
re-wrote and brought the tool back online to handle this when they
noticed it was [the tool] was not functioning.

This was a tool that was already meant to be running but by [your]
"luck" wasn't, and was already documented on wiki as DaB pointed out
over a year ago.

Perhaps you should consider apologizing to DaB in regards to the tone
of your email.