[Toolserver-l] Query-Killer is back in action

DaB. WP at daniel.baur4.info
Sun Aug 14 16:42:22 UTC 2011

Hello all,

during the last week I kept an eye on the database-servers and killed queries
which had run for too long. In the past we had a programm for that, but
somewhen it stoped working and nobody fixed it AFAIK.

Because watching the mytop is a boring thing and I have to sleep too, I used
the last 2-3 days to write a substitute of the old query-kiler. This program
is working now. It does more or less the same as I did, but it send you an
eMail when it killed one of your query. I think that is an improvment and I
can spend my time with other things.

You can find the parameters of when and if the killer works at [1]. Of corse
there is always the possiblity of adjustments. Feel free to open bugs at JIRA
or discuss on teh mailinglist.

Sincerly,
DaB.

[1]
https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Database_access#Slow_queries_and_the_query_killer

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 2B255885