[Toolserver-l] Account expiry

Krinkle krinklemail at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 20:53:32 UTC 2010

Op 11 nov 2010, om 21:43 heeft James Hare het volgende geschreven:

> The LDAP password is something different, available in your .my.cnf
> file.

The LDAP password, atleast for me, is not stored in the .my.cnf file.
What is stored in the .my.cnf files is access credentials for
connecting to the database servers (ie. when connecting to a database
in PHP).
LDAP is seperate from that and is not stored, that I know of, anywhere
(especially not in clear text).

The SSH authentication uses public_key and is also seperate.
So there's SSH, LDAP, MySQL access and your SSO (Single Sign On) for
web-services (such as JIRA, FishEye etc.)
All seperate :-)

What you need to do is connect to a Solaris server (ie.
willow.toolserver.org) with SSH and after the 'acctrenew' command
login with the LDAP password.

See also: https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/LDAP

--
Krinkle