[Toolserver-l] Bug: Account renewal

Freaky Fries mail at freakyfries.com
Thu Nov 11 15:17:47 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've got a problem with my account renewal. Below is the output.

If I get to the step setlicense, I can't authenticate  with my LDAP
password. As seen below. I'm 100% sure the password is right, as I used
it a few steps earlier at the start of acctrenew.

If I start setlicense manually, everything is OK.

Greetings,

Freaky

freaky at willow:~$ acctrenew
Toolserver account renewal tool
===============================

This utility will extend the expiry date of your account by
six months.  It should be used when your account is nearing
expiry.

Current account expiry date: 01-Dec-2010

Do you wish to continue (yes/no)? yes

User DN: uid=freaky,ou=People,o=unix,o=toolserver
LDAP Password:

All Toolserver users are required to abide by the rules, which
are listed at <https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Rules>.  The
rules may change from time to time, so you should now take a
moment to review them.

Do you agree to the rules as currently listed (yes/no)? yes

All Toolserver accounts should have an up-to-date email address
so that the Toolserver administrators can contact them.

Current email address: mail at freakyfries.com

If this address is not correct, I can invoke "setmail" for you
now, so you can change it.

Invoke setmail (yes/no)? no

Toolserver users are required to set a default license to be used
for their tools, when there is no explicit license on the tool.  You
can read more about this at
<https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Default_license>.

Your account currently has no default license.  You will not be
able to renew your account until you set a license. If you like, I
can invoke "setlicense" for you now, so you can set a license.

Invoke setlicense (yes/no)? yes

=== setlicense starts ===
This program allows you to change your default Toolserver license.
Your
default license is the license your Toolserver-hosted tools are
assumed to
be under if no other license is specified.

For more information about default licenses, please read
<https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Default_license>.

User DN: uid=freaky,ou=People,o=unix,o=toolserver
LDAP Password:
ldap_connect: cannot bind as uid=freaky,ou=People,o=unix,o=toolserver:
Can't connect to the LDAP server
=== setlicense ends ===

It looks like setlicense failed for some reason.
Invoke setlicense (yes/no)? yes

=== setlicense starts ===
This program allows you to change your default Toolserver license.
Your
default license is the license your Toolserver-hosted tools are
assumed to
be under if no other license is specified.

For more information about default licenses, please read
<https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Default_license>.

User DN: uid=freaky,ou=People,o=unix,o=toolserver
LDAP Password:
ldap_connect: cannot bind as uid=freaky,ou=People,o=unix,o=toolserver:
Can't connect to the LDAP server
=== setlicense ends ===

It looks like setlicense failed for some reason.
Invoke setlicense (yes/no)? no
No license is set.  Please set your default license with
"setlicense", then run acctrenew again.
freaky at willow:~$
freaky at willow:~$
freaky at willow:~$
freaky at willow:~$
freaky at willow:~$
freaky at willow:~$
freaky at willow:~$ setlicense
This program allows you to change your default Toolserver license.
Your
default license is the license your Toolserver-hosted tools are
assumed to
be under if no other license is specified.

For more information about default licenses, please read
<https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Default_license>.

User DN: uid=freaky,ou=People,o=unix,o=toolserver
LDAP Password:

You currently have no default license set.
Do you wish to change this license? (yes/no) yes

Your default license should be in one of two forms:

  * For a well-known license, use a short name, e.g. "GPLv2", "MIT" or
    "2-clause BSD".
  * For a custom or less well-known license, provide a URL to a page
that
    describes your license (this page may be hosted on the Toolserver
if
    you like).

Enter new default license: GPLv2

Your new default license is: GPLv2
Continue? (yes/no) yes
setlicense: new license successfully set
freaky at willow:~$