[Toolserver-l] Sorting /mnt/user-store

emijrp emijrp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 11:49:48 UTC 2010

Hi all;

I think that we need to sort a bit our giant /mnt/user-store directory. It
contains zillions of petabytes of cool info, and I think that a percent of
it is probably duplicated. A well structured directory tree would be nice
for all us.

Perhaps, writing a line in a /mnt/user-store/README file explaining what
every directory contains every time we create one, it would be a first nice
step.

Also, downloading the 7z dumps for all the ~700 wikis are only ~100 GB. We
have about 3TB of disk space in Toolserver, and I don't know where the hell
are those 7z dumps available, if someone has downloaded them, manually or
with a cronjob. So, if one of us don't find anything, we are going to
re-download again and again. A waste of resources and time.

Regards,
emijrp