[Toolserver-l] Is it allowed under the toolserver rules to make a tool that generates a podcast for wikinews content

DaB. WP at daniel.baur4.info
Sun May 23 13:15:58 UTC 2010

Hello,
At Sunday 23 May 2010 15:12:12 DaB. wrote:
> Would it be
> allowed to have a podcast feed on the toolserver, with mp3 versions of
> the files also on the toolserver so we could get audio wikinews into
> itunes?

no, that would not be possible. At first you would breach against the "don't
serve much content"-rule and the second problem is, that we have no MP3-
license. The mp3-format is still under patent and you have to pay for it (see
[1]).

Sincerly,
DaB.

[1] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3#Licensing_and_patent_issues

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 2B255885