[Toolserver-l] toolserver-l at lists.wikimedia.org

Ja Ga jaga_x_1 at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 09:24:36 UTC 2010

> From a Toolserver account? just query the db or from a non toolserver
> use, probably just the API from the wmf servers but if you cause too
> much load you would get blocked.

The article text can not be fetched from the database on the toolserver.

Using the API would work just as well as Special:export, as long as as many
pages are fetched at a time as possible. One request per page would suck.

-- daniel

Looks like the API will do the trick - I can get 50 articles at a time.  Someone asked what I'm up to - I'm setting up a cache of pages with hatnotes that link to disambig pages, to begin the process of identifying intentional vs. non-intentional disambig links.  I plan to refresh the cache daily, which will definitely involve re-checking hundreds of articles, if not thousands.

- Jason