[Toolserver-l] Page view stats

Michael Peel email at mikepeel.net
Tue Mar 30 09:54:37 UTC 2010

On 29 Mar 2010, at 23:08, River Tarnell wrote:

> Lars Aronsson:
>> Is page view statistics (as in stats.grok.se) being imported to the
>> toolserver and available in a database for quick reference?
>
> A user has made this available in raw form at /mnt/user-store/
> stats.  We
> are currently working on making this more official; that'll
> probably be
> announced in a month or two.
>
> It's not available in the database yet, but that's something we're
> looking at doing.  If anyone else has a particular reason to need this
> data, it would help if they could describe it, so we can decide how to
> format the data, and how detailed it needs to be.

One thing I'd love to see is integration of these numbers into
Magnus's GLAMorous tool [1] so that it says how many page views each
page that an image is used in receives (per month, perhaps), and
aggregate totals. That would be very useful when talking to GLAM
institutes about future content partnerships.

Mike Peel
(WMUK; personal viewpoint)

[1] http://toolserver.org/~magnus/glamorous.php