[Toolserver-l] Server switch for s3/s4/s6, Monday morning UTC

Анастасия Львова stasielvova at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 08:38:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 2:46 AM, River Tarnell
<river.tarnell at wikimedia.de> wrote:
> Sorry, but I don't see how spending EUR2'500 on additional RAM to
> support a single tool is an effective use of WM-DE funds.
WM-DE received some day money from Wikimedia Foundation. Wikimedia
Foundation received some money including from our project's users.
Some our users live in Germany and are members of WM-DE.
You must resolve problems with toolserver programms, yes, and memory
is a problem, but current solution of problems does not allow these
users to work with accustomed tools.

In any way we constantly work about optimization of our script, and
just some days ago it became better in this regard. Does ts have
problems from this time? I didn't find answer about it.
And there are also further improvements in our plans...

Besides, the project needs in update of data closedaily, or
connectivity information that use in wikipedia becomes wrong. This
information used in 4% of articles in ruwiki and in 10% of articles in
ukwiki.

Mashiah responded to previous letter about memory tables earlier; so
give him time to work on code with the opportunity of launching script
in this time, please.

--
regards, Lvova