[Toolserver-l] Changes to expired accounts web hosting

Bryan Tong Minh bryan.tongminh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 18:56:05 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 7:46 PM, Mike.lifeguard <mike.lifeguard at gmail.com> wrote:
> But of course, one is supposed to know precisely
> /which/ free license is used...

Choose the most restrictive (AGPL3 for example). Then users themselves
can also choose to release them under a more free license.

There might be some legal caveats though. Can you force users to
release their work under a certain license by requiring that in the
TOS? Can you change the TOS for existing users to force them to
release new works under a certain license? And can you force users to
retroactively license previously created works by changing that in the
TOS? I would presume that 1) and 2) are possible, but I doubt 3).
Ianal though.

Bryan