[Toolserver-l] Two beginner questions

Alex Brollo alex.brollo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 15:54:06 UTC 2010

1. I'm testing my skill and I run my script under cron. The python script
begin with these rows (and it runs):

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
#!/usr/bin/python

import os,sys

if not sys.platform=="win32":
    sys.path.append('/home/alebot/pywikipedia')
    os.chdir("/home/alebot/scripts")

Then I tried to move to batch job sheduling, but... my script gives an
error: now the server dislikes sys.path row. Why? I obviously have to study
more: but what/where have I sto study? :-(

2. The script bring into life a python bot, who reads RecentChanges at 10
minutes intervals by a cron routine. Is perhaps more efficient a #irc bot
listening it.wikisource #irc channel for recent changes in your opinion?
Where can I find a good python script to read #irc channels?

Thanks - I apologize for so banal questions.

Alex