[Toolserver-l] Status of the latest hardware order

Marcin Cieslak saper at SYSTEM.PL
Mon May 18 09:29:55 UTC 2009

Dnia 17.05.2009 Daniel Kinzler <daniel at brightbyte.de> napisał/a:
>> Will willow be left running Solaris then? Or will a different OS be used?
>
> This has not been decided yet. We might let it run solaris, or change it to
> linux or freebsd. Having the option to use different OSes  is nice, but having
> to maintain multiple OSes takes effort.

I think that for stability it is useful to have more homogenious environment
(pretty similar setup on multiple machines) so that, for example, moving
a project from 'unstable' to 'stable' is easy.

Having said that, should you need any help with FreeBSD, I volunteer to assist
as I am using those systems since 2.1-RELEASE (that's circa 1995).

--
              << Marcin Cieslak // saper at system.pl >>