[Toolserver-l] WikiMiniAtlas

Stefan Kühn kuehn-s at gmx.net
Fri Feb 13 20:25:41 UTC 2009

Hello Lars,

I am the programmer of the scripts which extract the data for the
project like Wikipedia-World

User:Kolossos and User:Dschwen use the data for projects like this cool
WikiMiniAtlas.

At the moment I redesign my scripts for better support of more languages.

I have create the project Check Wikipedia. Now I will include the
project Templatetiger in this project "Check Wikipedia". So we can fix
very easy all problems in templates with this page. For this I programm
a new part of the script, which can better detect the templates.

After this I will use the detection of the templates in all languages
for my new detection of geocoordinates. I hope at this weekend I have
finish the detection of templates. So next week I can begin with the new
part of the script for geocoordinates.

After this complete restart I can support all languages and can create a
new list of geocoordinates only 24 hours after the last dump
(automatic). I can also create a new list with errors in templates and
coordinates and ...

Also at the moment I write my doctor thesis and have a full-time-job.
Sorry I am a busy man.

I hope you can wait this days. Then it will be better. If you can not
wait here the scripts : http://toolserver.org/~sk/geo/download.zip
This image shows how it works:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Wikipedia_Geodata_Workflow.svg

Best regards