[Toolserver-l] where's enwiki_p on s1?

Russell Blau russblau at imapmail.org
Tue Aug 4 15:25:29 UTC 2009

"Carl Fürstenberg" <azatoth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sadly the status hasn't changed much in the last days, I think people
> wonder if you have an clue when it might be done, is it days, weeks or
> months we are talking about?

River Tarnell <river at loreley.flyingparchment.org.uk> wrote at Fri Jul 31
20:42:13 UTC 2009:

> River Tarnell:
> > there will be a few hours of downtime while the new database is
> > imported,
> > then some replication lag.
>
> this maintenance has now started; s1 will be offline until it finishes.
>
	> - river.

Clearly, Carl, you are suffering from the same reading comprehension
difficulty as me, and other Toolserver users.  We were told quite clearly,
four and a half days ago, that s1 will be offline for "a few hours."  I'm
not sure whether it was "few" or "hours" that tripped me up, but it seems
certain that at least one of those words means something very different than
what I thought it did.  I apologize for the misunderstanding.