[Toolserver-l] Can the Toolserver be used as a repository?

Gutza gutza at moongate.ro
Sat Dec 6 23:43:55 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm an admin, bureaucrat and checkuser on the Romanian Wikipedia. I have
recently been given the opportunity to manage the content for domain
wikipedia.ro. In short, I'm looking for a place where I could set up a
versioning repository for all members of the ro.wiki community who care
to get involved with the development of that site. We already have a
hosting solution for the site, I'm only looking for a collaborative
development repository. Is the Toolserver an adequate place for this
kind of thing? If not, can you suggest a more appropriate location? (We
have no budget for this, so it has to be free.)

I'm basically looking for a solution which would allow the community of
ro.wiki to get involved in this in a rather lax manner, so I would
ideally want as few formalities as possible. Therefore, from an access
perspective there should ideally be an administrative role available,
and all users with that access level should be able to add/remove
members in the respective project without a lot of fuss. Is that doable,
or do we need to jump a lot of hoops to get that sort of access level?

Thank you,
Gutza