[Toolserver-l] stable server

E e.wikipedia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 06:06:42 UTC 2007

I see that when looking at the wiki a few days ago, it said that the tool we
submit to the stable server will not be maintained by us, rather a developer
(of some kind). Does this still apply? Just reading the wiki now, it seems
the 'owners' now maintain them via shell accounts and then run the tool
under a 'primary' root account (that's my understanding, correct me if
wrong). That's how I would like it to be, that way the person familiar with
the tool can update it.

I was thinking on getting a stable server account for my 'Toolserver Replag'
tool (located at http://tools.wikimedia.de/~e/replag/), but I didn't know
whether it was completely meeting the 'requirements' for it and would like
your opinions. Many users have come up to me in the past week wanting a
'raw' replication lag output, which I provided (located at
http://tools.wikimedia.de/~e/replag/raw/) and believe it would be put to
good use on the stable server.

Kind regards,

English Wikipedia