[Toolserver-l] Why I refuse to use confluence.ts, jira.ts, sso.ts, etc.

Purodha toolserver-l.wikipedia.org at publi.purodha.net
Wed Nov 7 04:23:03 UTC 2007

I have been playing around with the new jira, confluence, sso,
stuff without understanding much of how it works and what it is
good for. I managed to get a sso login with a password, and to
log in into confluence, and found a link not working there.

Then I found that there is a "user page" in confluence which
displays an e-mail address of mine, which I thought I had entered
only in order to retieve a forgotten password, if need be.
It does show the e-mail address, even while I am logged out.
That means, the e-mail address is being published to the world.

I have this e-mail address now redirected to /dev/null/
(I am happy enough that, I had been using a special new address
solely for this playing around)
I shall NOT be using any of these programs, unless there is a way
to keep e-mail addresses confidential, safe, and out of the reach
of SPAMbots.

I am not mentioning URLs here on purpose, since this text will be
published in the e-mail archive, and I do not want to establish links
that could invite e-mail address collector bots.

Greetings - Purodha