[Toolserver-announce] FYI: Changing of interwiki-bots-account-approval

DaB. WP at daniel.baur4.info
Sun Nov 28 17:03:23 UTC 2010

Hello all,

with the beginning of the next year (2011) I will not longer accept new
interwiki-bot-accounts, if:
-The homewiki of the bot has at least one active interwiki-bot, which runs on
 the toolserver,  OR
-The homewiki has less then 1000 articles.
(There can be exceptions if there is a good reason of course)

The homewiki is that wiki where the bot starts and where the account-requester
got his/her bot approved (see [1]).

If the account-requester requested the account only for the interwiki-bot, the
request will be rejected; if he/she requested the account also for other
things, only the interwiki-bot will be denied of course and the rest of the
request will be handled the normal way.

For interwiki-bots which runs already on the toolserver, there is no change at
the moment. When you find a free minute: Please add your bot to [2] and check
if there are inactive bots listed for your wiki.

The goal of this change is to limit the number of interwiki-bots on the
toolserver (and improve our documentary a bit).

Sincerly,
DaB.

[1] https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Account_approval_process, Request
process, Point 4.
[2] https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Wikimedia_bots

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 2B255885