[Toolserver-announce] s1 reimport

River Tarnell river.tarnell at wikimedia.de
Thu Jan 7 02:50:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am currently importing s1 into one of the new database servers to replace
the damaged copy on rosemary.  After the import is down, I will switch the
s1 server, then put it in read-only mode to copy user databases.  Downtime
will be about half an hour to switch servers, and possibly a couple of hours
for user database imports.

After this is complete, we will start looking at providing redundant
(failover) databases for each cluster, starting with s1.  Hopefully that
should happen within the next couple of weeks.

       - river.